How do you expect your toothbrush to care for your smile if you fail to take care of your toothbrush? This is a key piece of information that many individuals forget to consider when assessing the condition of their toothbrush. If for any reason your toothbrush is worn down or fails to produce the necessary results, it will need to be replaced. Listed below are common oral health tips for caring for your brush:
– Caring for your toothbrush properly includes making sure that it is cleaned when not in use.
– Never allow your toothbrush to be stored with other toothbrushes or allow it to come into contact with other brushes.
– Always make sure that your toothbrush is replaced if it has been contaminated or if it is starting to wear down. As a general rule of thumb, you should replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
– Store your toothbrush upright so it will not end up lying down and be at risk of collecting germs and bacteria.
– Do not allow anyone else to ever use your toothbrush.
– For additional help with keeping your mouth clean, visit our dentists every six months for a professional cleaning.
– Store your toothbrush in an airtight container and make sure it is not ever in a closed space where moisture can build up.
Come in and see for yourself the beauty of a clean smile from the office of Complete Dental Care. To book an appointment with our team at our dental office in Steubenville, Ohio, call us at 740-264-6811, and one of our professionals will gladly assist you.